Cole M. Crittenden
Dean Crittenden is the senior administrator overseeing central academic policies and associated curricular and administrative processes for all graduate programs at Princeton University, as well as the nondegree graduate exchanges and visitor programs (domestic and international) in which Princeton participates. He has additional responsibilities around strategic planning, communications and administrative reports, professional development initiatives for graduate students, academic discipline, and Title IX adjudications (undergraduate and graduate). Working closely with the directors of graduate studies across all of Princeton's graduate programs, he serves as secretary to the Faculty Committee on the Graduate School and its four subcommittees. He represents the Graduate School on the Council on International Teaching and Research, Council on Teaching and Learning, Faculty Committee on the Library and Computing, and Enterprise Systems Planning Group.
Prior to joining the Office of the Dean of the Graduate School, Dean Crittenden served as associate dean in Princeton's Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, a position he moved into after serving as the founding director of studies for Whitman College, one of Princeton's undergraduate residential colleges. Before joining Whitman College, he served as Allston Burr Senior Tutor and resident dean of Currier House at Harvard University and taught in Harvard's Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures. He earned his master's degree and Ph.D. from Princeton and his bachelor's degree from Weber State University in Ogden, Utah.
- Supervision of academic affairs and student records data management staffs
- Policy, Curriculum, Fellowships and Discipline Subcommittees of the Faculty Committee on the Graduate School
- Review of degree-seeking applicants for admission and oversight of nondegree student programs
- Enrollment and program status issues and policies, and annual reenrollment process
- Final public oral examination (dissertation defense) approvals and degree lists