Graduate Student Government seeks nominees for CPUC
This item is posted on behalf of the Graduate Student Government (GSG).
The GSG seeks nominees to serve on the Council of the Princeton University Community (CPUC) with fellow University administrators, faculty, graduate and undergraduate students. The CPUC is an important governing body that has recently addressed topics such as supporting diversity at Princeton, sexual misconduct, and the University's budget.
We are looking for students to serve on the following CPUC committees for a one-year term:
- Executive Committee (2 positions), which oversees the CPUC and its various committees;
- Governance Committee (1 position), which meets annually to oversee University management, assists in filling vacancies on the Board of Trustees, and makes decisions about awarding honorary degrees;
- Judicial Committee (1 position), which meets when needed to consider student disciplinary cases;
- Priorities Committee (2 positions), which meets on average once a week during the fall semester to decide how to allocate ~$600,000 to new University programs and hiring;
- Resources Committee (1 position), which meets annually to oversee the overall University budget and endowment management;
- Rights and Rules Committee (2 positions), which oversees revisions to the University's code of conduct, Rights, Rules and Responsibilities;
- Special Committee on Naming (1 position), which recommends names to the Board of Trustees to bring greater diversity to the naming of campus buildings and spaces.
We are also looking for a number of students interested in serving on the General Council, which meets six times a year to discuss issues relevant to the entire Princeton community. You can find the names of current student members of these committees here.
If you are interested in serving on the CPUC, would like to nominate yourself or a fellow graduate student, or have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. If you self-nominate, you may include a candidate statement of up to 400 words by Thursday, February 16, at 5p.m. Accepted nominations will proceed to a ballot in the GSG Election starting on February 23.
For further information about the 2017 GSG Election, please visit the election webpage.
- GSG Election Committee