Welcome to all incoming graduate students!
Please contact us for any questions that may help ease the transition to Princeton.
Save the Date
- Graduate School Two Day Orientation
Sunday, September 8, 2019 & Monday, September 9, 2019
International Graduate Student Orientation
Wednesday, September 4, 2019 & Thursday, September 5, 2019
Incoming Student Checklist
A checklist has been created to assist new graduate students in completing necessary procedures prior to and upon arrival at Princeton University. Download the checklist here.
Prior to Arrival
- Complete all required University Health Services (UHS) Medical Forms and make sure that the student and family have received all required vaccines. Access to MyUHS will be available after UHS sends a welcome email which will be around June 15.
- Complete Section 1 of I-9 Form
- Email resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, please contact the Office of Stewardship by email or 609-258-3320
Moving to Princeton
- Review Getting to Campus.
- Get oriented to Princeton by using the interactive Campus Map.
- If necessary, apply for a parking permit with Transportation & Parking Services.
- Move into Graduate Housing if applicable.
- Investigate Going Places - Car Free Guide Campus which provides methods to get off campus for shopping, activities, and more.
- Log on to TigerHub after June 16, 2019, and complete the W4 form and register for direct deposit.
- Complete Section 2 of the I-9 form in person on either Friday, September 6th or Tuesday, September 10th. To sign up for a date and timeslot, log-in using your Princeton NetID to https://wase.princeton.edu/princeton/views/pages/makeappt.php?calid=2481. In the search box, enter I-9 Section Two. Please bring original documents. A list of acceptable documents can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-9instr.pdf. PLEASE NOTE: International Students will complete Section two of the I-9 form during the Graduate International Orientation on Wednesday, September 4th from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Please do not sign up for September 6th or 10th.
- Submit final transcripts, if not yet submitted.
- Academic Year Sign-In starts in September and must be completed by September 15.
- Review Rights, Rules, Responsibilities.
Information for International Students
- Visit the Davis International Center to check in within 15 days of the start date on the I-20/DS-2019 Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Review the International Student Welcome Guide
- If required at the time of admission, the English Language Placement Test for Incoming Students will be held in early September. Contact email@example.com to register for the test.
- The English Language Program Office offers an orientation for new students September 3-6, 2019. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the orientation.
Graduate School Information
All incoming graduate students should take time to familiarize themselves with the Graduate School and the associated policies and practices.
- Princeton University's Academic Calendar
- Graduate School Degree Requirements
- Academic Policies
- Course Information
- Departmental Requirements
- Support Programs
- Graduate Student Accounts
- Graduate School Financial Support
- External Fellowships
- Loans and Financial Assistance
The Graduate School Community
Campus Partners and Resources
Princeton offers a variety of resources to support graduate students.