Incoming Students for Fall 2020
Welcome to all incoming graduate students!
As Princeton University’s President Eisgruber recently stated in a letter to the University community, we are proceeding with the fall semester. If you are a new graduate student who was admitted to Princeton University for enrollment in the fall of 2020, you may have questions about your ability to join us on campus for the fall semester. For more information about fall 2020 for graduate students, please see https://gradevents.princeton.edu/gradfall2020.
- Graduate School Two Day Orientation
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 & Thursday, August 27, 2020
International Graduate Student Orientation
Friday, August 28, 2020
Incoming Student Checklist
A checklist has been created to assist new graduate students in completing necessary procedures prior to and upon arrival at Princeton University. Download the checklist here.
Please note, if you are in-person or remote learning and are located in the United States, you will need to complete form I-9.
Prior to Arrival
- Complete all required University Health Services (UHS) Medical Forms and make sure that the student and family have received all required vaccines. Access to MyUHS will be available to you after you have received a welcome email from UHS.
- Email resume/CV to email@example.com. For any questions, please contact the Office of Stewardship by email or 609-258-3320
- Complete the University required sexual misconduct and interpersonal violence online training. Check your Princeton email account in July for an email from the Graduate School with information and instructions for completing the training.
Moving to Princeton
- Review Getting to Campus.
- Get oriented to Princeton by using the interactive Campus Map.
- If necessary, apply for a parking permit with Transportation & Parking Services.
- Move into Graduate Housing if applicable.
- Investigate Going Places - Car Free Guide Campus which provides methods to get off campus for shopping, activities, and more.
- Log on to TigerHub after June 16, 2020, and complete the W4 form and register for direct deposit.
- Submit final transcripts, if not yet submitted.
- Academic Year Sign-In
- Review Rights, Rules, Responsibilities.
Information for International Students
- Visit the Davis International Center to check in within 15 days of the start date on the I-20/DS-2019 Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Review the International Student Welcome Guide
- If required at the time of admission, the English Language Placement Test for Incoming Students will be held prior to enrollment. The English Language Program will contact you.
Graduate School Information
All incoming graduate students should take time to familiarize themselves with the Graduate School and the associated policies and practices.
- Princeton University's Academic Calendar
- Graduate School Degree Requirements
- Academic Policies
- Course Information
- Departmental Requirements
- Support Programs
- Graduate Student Accounts
- Graduate School Financial Support
- External Fellowships
- Loans and Financial Assistance
The Graduate School Community
Campus Partners and Resources
Princeton offers a variety of resources to support graduate students.