Welcome to all incoming graduate students!
Please contact us for any questions that may help ease the transition to Princeton.
Save the Date
- Graduate School Two Day Orientation
Sunday, September 10, 2017 (1:15 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
Monday, September 11, 2017 (8:15 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- International Graduate Student Orientation
September 6, 2017 - September 7, 2017 (dates subject to change)
- Graduate International Student Immigration Check-In
September 6, 2017 (date subject to change)
Incoming Student Checklist
A checklist has been created to assist new graduate students in completing necessary procedures prior to and upon arrival at Princeton University. Download the checklist here.
Prior to Arrival
- Complete all required University Health Services (UHS) Medical Forms and that the student and family have received all required vaccines.
- Email resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, please contact the Office of Stewardship by email or 609-258-3320.
Moving to Princeton
- Review Getting to Campus.
- Get oriented to Princeton by using the interactive Campus Map.
- If necessary, apply for a parking permit with Transportation & Parking Services.
- Move into Graduate Housing if applicable.
- Investigate Going Places - Car Free Guide Campus which provides methods to get off campus for shopping, activities, and more.
- Log on to TigerHub after June 16, 2017, and complete the W4 form and register for direct deposit.
- Complete the I-9 process at the Information Fair. International students will need to bring a printed copy of the I-94 and their I-20 or DS-2019.
- Submit final transcripts, if not yet submitted.
- Academic Year Sign-In starts in September and must be completed by September 15.
- Review Rights, Rules, Responsibilities.
Information for International Students
- Visit the Davis International Center to check in within 15 days of the start date on the I-20/DS-2019 Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Review the International Student Welcome Guide
- If required at the time of admission, the English Language Placement Test for Incoming Students will be held in early September. Contact email@example.com to register for the test.
- The English Language Program Office offers an orientation for new students September 5-8, 2017. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the orientation.
Graduate School Information
All incoming graduate students should take time to familiarize themselves with the Graduate School and the associated policies and practices.
- Princeton University's Academic Calendar
- Graduate School Degree Requirements
- Academic Policies
- Course Information
- Departmental Requirements
- Support Programs
- Graduate Student Accounts
- Graduate School Financial Support
- External Fellowships
- Loans and Financial Assistance
The Graduate School Community
Campus Partners and Resources
Princeton offers a variety of resources to support graduate students.