File Upload Requirements
During the application process, the applicant will be required to upload statement of academic purpose, resume/curriculum vitae, transcripts, fall semester grades, and additional required files as specified by the individual departmental requirements. We suggest gathering these materials in advance and reviewing the file upload requirements below to make the application process as easy as possible.
When preparing application materials to be uploaded, please note the following:
- Files must not exceed 25 MB. Uploaded documents may contain no more than 75 pages. We support the following file formats:
- Document: .doc, .docx, .odg, .odp, .odt, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .wpd
- We support media files as large as 5GB, but please be advised that larger files will take longer to upload from your Internet connection and may stall if you are on a wireless connection or one that cannot sustain a connection for the necessary period of time. We support the following file formats:
- Video: .3g2, .3gp, .avi, .m2v, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mpeg, .mpg, .mp4, .mxf, .webm, .wmv
- Audio: .aac, .m4a, .mka, .mp3, .oga, .ogg, .wav
- Slide: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff
- Files cannot be password protected.
- PDF files cannot have a digital signature.
- Files should not be poster size.
- Each file should be saved separately.
When scanning hard copy materials to upload into an application, please note:
- The resolution should be no more than 300 dpi.
- Black and white is recommended.
- Removing images will help reduce the file size if necessary