Frequently Asked Questions

Student Life

What resources are there to support students with families?

The Graduate School has programs and policies in place to meet the needs of students with families. Our family focused initiatives include: the Childbirth and Adoption Accommodation policy; Student Child Care Assistance Program; access to the Carebridge program; the Back-up Care Advantage Program; and resources on childcare centers. 

How do I file a complaint against another student?

Graduate student complaints and grievances against other graduate students; concerns related to University principles of general conduct and regulations; matters involving sexual harassment and assault, racial or ethnic bias or harassment, discrimination; personal safety and security may be discussed with Dean Schreyer. For more information see our webpage.

The director for equal opportunity, Cheri Burgess, and the title IX coordinator, Michele Minter, are also available to discuss concerns of discrimination or harassment. They can be reached at (609) 258-6110 in the Office of the Provost. (Information relating to the University’s Nondiscrimination/Anti-Harassment Policy and Grievance Procedures, including resources available and how to file a complaint under the Policy, can be found at

Where can I learn more about the student health plan?

Coverage under the Princeton University Student Health Plan is mandatory for all degree-enrolled graduate students. For more information you may visit the Student Health Plan website or visit them in person at McCosh Health Center Garden Level, Room G24.

How can I start my own student organization?

If you have an idea for a student organization you can start your own by registering with the Graduate School using the Organization Recognition Form

How do I apply for student housing?

New, current or returning students can apply online for housing through the Graduate Housing Office website.

Where can I get more information on housing?

You can get more information regarding on campus housing options from the Graduate Housing Office and information regarding off campus housing from the Off Campus Housing Office

How can I learn about events on campus?

You can learn about events sponsored or co-sponsored by the Graduate School on our Events Calendar. The Graduate School also sends out a weekly email bulletin announcing events on campus. You might also want to check out the following center websites:

How do I organize an event?

Any Princeton graduate student can organize an event on campus. If you plan on organizing an event you should first consult the Life at Princeton webpage regarding planning, registering, and running an event. 

Now that I know how to organize an event where can I go request funding for the event?

The Graduate Student Government offers funding for graduate student events through the GSG Events Board. The GSG, the Graduate School, the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life, and the Davis International Center funds the GSG Events Board.

If you are a graduate student organization and would like to hold an event at the Graduate College you can apply for funding to The Graduate College House Committee for up to $300 for a single event.  To apply for funding, please send an email to with a description of your event and a preliminary budget, specifying what components the GCHC would be contributing to your event. 

Also, depending on the type of event you plan to hold, you may want to reach out to specific departments or centers on campus to co-sponsor the event.

How do I get involved in student organizations?

A list of all the graduate student organizations including contact information to each organization can found on the Student Organizations webpage.