Prospective Ph.D. Preview (P3)
The 2020 P3 application opens April 1, 2020!
The Prospective Ph.D. Preview (P3) is designed for prospective students to gather information on graduate education at Princeton University. This event is open to any interested students however, we highly encourage participation from first generation/low income students and historically underrepresented groups (which include African Americans, Latinos and Native Americans) given the disparity in graduate education across the country.
P3 invites the class of 2021 and 2022, and post-grad students from historically underrepresented groups (HUGS), to explore graduate education at Princeton in the fall 2020! Applications will open April 1st, with a limited number of highly qualified candidates being accpeted.
Program Dates: October 8th and 9th, 2020
The P3 Program will include:
- Interaction with current Princeton Graduate students from various divisions
- Opportunities to engage with Princeton faculty
- Graduate admissions and funding workshops
- Tour of the Princeton Campus and Graduate student housing
- Travel, meal, and lodging costs will be covered
Applicants are required to submit:
- A statement describing your current academic and professional goals, as they relate to your interest in graduate study. This statement should specifically mention the programs of study at Princeton that you are interested in, and two or three of our faculty members whose work is of particular interest to you.
- An unofficial copy of your most recent transcript.
- Your current resume or CV.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member and one academic reference (email address only). Specific instructions will be sent to your recommender to submit a letter electronically.
The P3 Program is designed for prospective applicants interested in pursuing a Ph.D. We encourage applicants from all academic disciplines to apply for the P3 program. However, please be aware that Princeton does not offer an M.B.A., M.D, or J.D. For a list of graduate fields of study available at Princeton, please visit https://gradschool.princeton.edu/academics/fields-of-study.
Check out P3 2018 IN THE NEWS!