Prospective Ph.D. Preview (P3)
2019 Application NOW OPEN!
The Prospective PhD Preview Program (P3) invites class of 2019, 2020, 2021, and post-grad students from historically underrepresented groups (HUGS) to explore graduate education at Princeton!
Program Dates: October 3rd and 4th, 2019
The P3 Program will include:
- Interaction with current Princeton Graduate students from various divisions
- Opportunities to engage with Princeton faculty
- Graduate admissions and funding workshops
- Tour of the Princeton Campus and Graduate student housing
- Travel, meal, and lodging costs will be covered
Applicants must submit:
- A statement describing your current academic and professional goals, as they relate to your interest in graduate study. This statement should specifically mention the programs of study at Princeton that you are interested in, and two or three of our faculty members whose work is of particular interest to you.
- An unofficial copy of your most recent transcript.
- Your current resume or CV.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member and one academic reference (email address only). Specific instructions will be sent to your recommender to submit a letter electronically.
Please complete the online application by the priority deadline of May 15th, 2019, 11:59pm EST, at which time all application materials must be uploaded. Decisions on priority deadline applicants will be made available on or before June 12th. Applications submitted after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis as long as space is available.
For program related questions, please contact Associate Dean of Access, Diversity and Inclusion Renita Miller (email@example.com).
For travel and logistics related questions, please contact Access, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator Sarah Mullins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The P3 Program is designed for prospective applicants interested in pursuing a Ph.D. We encourage applicants from all academic disciplines to apply for the P3 program. However, please be aware that Princeton does not offer an M.B.A., M.D, or J.D. For a list of graduate fields of study available at Princeton, please visit https://gradschool.princeton.edu/academics/fields-of-study.
Check out P3 2018 IN THE NEWS!