Short-term Contingency Loans
Short-term contingency loans are available to students coping with unexpected financial emergencies. Typically no more than $1,000, they are repayable through deduction from stipend checks or federal loan disbursements.
To apply for a short-term contingency loan:
- You must be an enrolled graduate student with some means of financial support.
- Complete the short-term loan application.
- Sign a promissory note in the Office of Finance and Treasury when you pick up your check.
- Short-term contingency loans are limited to two per student per academic year.
- Students wishing to borrow more than $1,000 may want to consider a federal loan.