GCAP Application

How to Apply

The GCAP application will be available online through TigerHub at the end of May. GCAP awards are made on an annual basis and correspond with the plan year. You must reapply each year. If you are already participating in the program and need to add a second child, please contact Jeanette DeGuire at jdeguire@princeton.edu.

To be eligible from a financial standpoint, you must submit a completed online application through TigerHub that includes financial information about all sources of income for all individuals, i.e., you and your co-applicant, who are financially responsible for the child for whom the award applies, which, depending on your individual circumstances, may include (1) birth or adoptive parents, regardless of marital status; (2) legal guardians; or (3) step-parents, depending on the status of the non-custodial birth or adoptive parent.

Upon completing the online application, you will also be required to upload PDFs of the following documents:

1) previous year's federal income tax return(s) for both the applicant and the co-applicant, including all additional Schedules, if any
2) W-2 statement(s) or similar documentation for all U.S. and non-U.S. earnings for both the applicant and the co-applicant, such as a Form 1099
3) birth certificates for each child to be enrolled in the GCAP

The application requires the applicant to upload PDFs of the above mentioned documents for any individual who has financial responsibility for the child. These forms are required whether you file jointly or separately. All financial information received is carefully reviewed, verified and when appropriate, cross-checked with the University's benefits records. You may be asked to provide additional financial information by the plan administrator. All information submitted is confidential and will be used only to administer the GCAP.

After your application and required documents have been submitted and your eligibility is verified, GCAP awards are determined according to financial need and total household resources. You will be notified of the decision by email.

If you have any questions about GCAP, please contact Jeanette DeGuire at jdeguire@princeton.edu.

While the University intends to continue the Graduate Child Assistance Program (GCAP) benefit plan, the University reserves the right to terminate or amend the plan, at any time, and for any reason.