Federal Work Study
Eligible graduate students at Princeton participate in the Federal Work Study (FWS) program during the summer.
The application deadline is Monday, April 27, 2020 at 12 noon.
Students must meet the following federal guidelines in order to qualify for FWS funding and, therefore, to hold a research assistant position:
- Students must be either U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Students must demonstrate financial need and federal eligibility.
- Students must complete, sign, and file a 2018 federal income tax return. (Tax returns submitted by mail may not be processed by the IRS by the work study deadline.)
- Students must complete the 2020-21 FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Students must complete reenrollment for the fall 2020 term.