Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA)
March 26, 2021 by 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
National Institutional Submission Deadline
April 5, 2021
This grant offers support for dissertation research in modern foreign languages and area studies.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Absolute priority is given to research projects that focus on one or more of the following geographical areas: Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands, South Asia, the Near East, Central and Eastern Europe and Eurasia, and the Western Hemisphere (excluding the U.S. and its territories). Applications that focus exclusively on Western Europe and/or ancient, medieval, or pre-modern topics will not be considered eligible.
Additionally, there are two competitive preference priorities given to applicants that meet the following:
- A research project that focuses on any modern foreign language except, French, German or Spanish.
- A research project in the field of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, education (comparative or international), international development, political science, public health, or economics.
All interested applicants should notify Elaine Willey at email@example.com of their intent to apply and with any questions about the application. All applications must be submitted online. Student applications include the following:
- Fulbright-Hays application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application narrative (10-page maximum)
- Evaluation criteria is provided in a sample Technical Review Form and the student’s application narrative must be written in a way that answers all questions provided in the form.
- Application bibliography (2-page maximum)
- One foreign language reference form
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (graduate and undergraduate)
- Letters of affiliation