COVID-19 Temporary Expansion of GCAP
The current GCAP program is being expanded from September 1 – December 31, 2020 to provide financial assistance to graduate students with children up to age 13, (age 13 as of September 1, 2020).
The expanded program provides funding of up to $500 per month for GCAP eligible expenses for the four-month period from September 1-December 31 for children between the ages of 6 and 13, who are not already covered by GCAP. To qualify, the following guidelines apply:
- The child’s age is up to and including age 13 as of September 1, 2020.
- Your family’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from 2019 must be at or below $130,000.
- The expenses must be applied to GCAP eligible expenses.
- The payment will be up to $500 per month depending upon eligibility with a maximum award of $2,000 per child.
- A maximum of two children may be covered.
- Submit your application no later than Thursday, October 15, 2020.