Financial Requirements

International graduate students are required to document the ability to cover enrollment fees and estimated living expenses as determined by the Graduate School. If you are married and bring your spouse, you will need to document an additional amount to cover your spouse's living expenses as well as your own. You will require additional funds for the cost of each child who accompanies you to Princeton. Since many VSRC applicants are here on a short-term basis, what follows is the monthly breakdown of expenses which need to be documented for the Davis International Center to issue a I-20 for F-1 students or DS-2019 for J-1 students. The enrollment fee includes the required Student Health Plan.

Although you are required to document enough funds for estimated living expenses housing is NOT guaranteed. For alternative housing options please refer to our website.
Enrollment fees and estimated cost are noted below for the academic year beginning in August. The fee for the next academic year will be announced in April.

Enrollment and Required Health Care Fees (per month) VSRC ONLY$660$695
Living Expenses (student alone per month)$2,677$2,744
Living Expenses (spouse per month)$1,175$1,208
Living Expenses (first child per month)$1022$1059
Living Expenses (each additional child per month)$472$489
Princeton University contracts with Western Union to provide international students with an alternative to wire transfers. Western Union offers a competitive rate of exchange as well as the convenience of being able to make electronic payments in many international currencies through a local bank.