REACH Program

A VSRC program for an advanced degree candidate from Ruhr Univiersitaet Bochum, Technische Universitaet Dortmund, Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, and The National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan to conduct research as an international internship through the Keller Center

Application Requirements

  • Completed application
  • Copy of your current passport (name page only)
  • Resume or curriculum vitae
  • Brief statement describing your research project
  • Statement by applicants home institution advisor including: confirmation of applicant's enrolled graduate student status and nature of collaborative work and its relevance to the student's academic and scholarly progress
  • REACH Letter from Keller Center

Completed applications need to be submitted electronically at least three months in advance of your intended start date to Graduate Admission. Any documents that are not submitted electronically when you apply should be emailed in PDF format to to be added to your application. If any items are missing you will be notified. Completed applications will be processed and upon approval you will be emailed your offer of admission.

The Davis International Center will issue a visa eligibility document (I-20 for F-1 students or DS-2019 for J-1 students) to those applicants requiring them only after the Graduate School has admitted an individual as a VSRC and a VSRC accepts admission. Please note that it takes up to 5 business days after you accept admission for the I-20/DS-2019 to be issued. To receive an I-20/DS2019, you MUST make arrangements for express mail via eShipGlobal. Please make arrangements as soon as you accept your admission.

If you indicate in the application form that you are a foreign citizen, a non-U.S. permanent resident, or currently outside the U.S., you will be issued a visa eligibility document that you will use to apply for an F-1/J-1 student visa at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate and to enter the U.S. Individuals entering the U.S. with a B-1 or B-2 visa stamp, or with a WT (waiver-tourist) or WB (waiver-business) I-94 cannot hold student status in the U.S.; therefore, these individuals will not be permitted to conduct research or receive any other VSRC benefits at Princeton.

If you are in the U.S. in student visa status studying at another school, you should check with your International Student Office to see if you may be a VSRC at Princeton and remain on that school's immigration documents.

If you are in the U.S. in a visa status other than F-1 or J-1, you should contact the Davis International Center to determine what immigration procedures, if any, you will need to follow to enroll as a VSRC. If you are in an immigration status that does not allow you to be a student in the U.S., please be aware that changing to F-1/J-1 student status could delay your VSRC start date.