The application for fall 2020 admission is now closed. The application for fall 2021 admission will open in September of this year.
Before applying for admission, please read the Applying to Princeton page. Prior to beginning an application, please also review the helpful tips below:
- Application materials should only be uploaded online in the appropriate spaces provided and under the additional information section of the application. Princeton does not accept paper application materials, with the exception of architecture portfolios. Please refer to the upload requirements webpage for specific instructions on uploading materials. Also, please be sure to review any additional department requirements that may be required.
- All test scores must be sent directly from the test center to Princeton University (Institution Code 2672). Department codes are not used at Princeton and are not required by Educational Testing Services (ETS). Please refer to the Prerequisite Tests webpage for specific information on the tests. Please allow extra time for test scores to be received and reflected on the application checklist.
- Do not wait for recommenders to submit their recommendations. See the Recommendation Letters webpage for more information.
- Before submitting an application, double-check it as no revised documents will be accepted after the deadline.
- If an application has not been submitted, the applicant can log in and manage the account.
- After submitting an application, the applicant can log back into the application and view the checklist. Please note that duplicate materials and items that are not required as part of the application, will not appear on the checklist. Checklists are only updated after the application is submitted.
Unexpected and emergent events such as natural disasters, political unrest or armed conflict, and widespread internet or power outages may make it impossible for applicants from an entire region or country to meet an application deadline. Due to the highly decentralized, department-based nature of graduate admissions, the Graduate School cannot make blanket changes to application deadlines, nor can we guarantee that any accommodations are possible. Such blanket changes would prevent the University from meeting its own deadlines for making admission decisions and informing all applicants of outcomes. However, prospective applicants from affected regions or countries are encouraged to reach out to Graduate Admission. When possible, the Graduate School and departments will work with prospective applicants on a case-by-case basis.
The ApplyWeb Help Desk is available from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time. For any difficulties in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and allow 24 hours for a response. When contacting the Help Desk, please include the user name or order ID number, full name, email address, and phone number.
Applicants who require additional accessibility assistance may also contact email@example.com or call (609) 258-3034.