Admitted Student Information
Congratulations on admission into the Graduate School at Princeton University!
Please use the information on these pages to access the details of the offer and to submit a decision online. The response to our offer must be submitted no later than April 15, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- The Office of Information Technology will send an email with information on how to activate the account.
- Log in to review the admission offer and submit a decision.
Please note that nondegree students must submit a decision within 3 business days and are not required to fill out the External Fellowship Form.
Activate the Princeton NetID
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will send an email with details about a personal Princeton account. This account will need to be activated to review the details of the admission offer and to submit an admission decision online. Please refer to the original email from OIT or contact the OIT Help Desk at 609-258-4357 for questions or assistance with this account.
If an applicant has an active Princeton account, please use the current NetID and password to log into TigerHub, click on Menu, then click on Graduate Admission Decision.
Review Admission Offer and Submit Decision
Using the Princeton NetID and password, log into the Graduate Admission Center* to review the admission offer. We suggest using either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
*The Graduate Admission Center is unavailable from 2:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
- Go to the Graduate Admission Center.
- Click on Graduate Admission Decision to view the admission offer and conditions of admission. If the applicant is a current student using TigerHub, click on Main Menu in the upper left then click Graduate Admission Decision.
- Scroll down to accept, accept but request a deferral (degree-seeking students only), or decline the offer of admission.
If requesting a deferral, please see Deferral Information.
- Enter the reasons for the decision and answer the questions.
- To send the final decision, click Submit. A confirmation email that the response has been received will be delivered.
By clicking Save, the decision is not final and has not been submitted to the Graduate School.
- Students admitted to the Visiting Student Research Collaborator, nondegree Trailing, Visiting, Qualifying or Exchange programs are not required to complete the External Fellowship form.
- After a final decision is submitted, print or save a copy of the submitted form. Click the link in the top right box Print Submitted Form and it will open in PDF format.
- Applicants applying for a visa are required to submit a copy of the Admission Offer directly to the Davis International Center with the visa application.
- If declining our offer of admission, system access will be terminated within 30 days.
In order to view/print the submitted form, Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on a computer and pop-up blockers disabled. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available as a free download.
The Graduate School must receive the submitted response to our offer no later than April 15 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. We strongly encourage submitting the decision sooner, as a reply will allow us to inform others who may be awaiting a decision. Nondegree students must submit a response to our offer within 3 business days. Once a final decision is submitted, it cannot be changed. An offer of admission may be rescinded based on the Policy on Rescinding an Offer of Admission.
The Graduate School at Princeton University is a member of the Council of Graduate Schools (pdf) and abides by its resolution on admissions.The applicant can only accept one offer of admission to one institution. In the event that the applicant accepts an offer and decides to change his or her mind after April 15, the applicant will need to to inform the program of the withdrawal of acceptance of an offer in writing, prior to accepting a second offer. To notify Princeton that you withdraw your acceptance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the reason for the withdrawal.
Setting Up Princeton Email
The personal Princeton email address is the provided NetID and @princeton.edu (email@example.com) and can be accessed on the web at http://gmail.princeton.edu. Access to email can also be found by the Princeton University website by clicking Links for, then Students, and Gmail webmail. For more information about Princeton email, see www.princeton.edu/email. For help with an email account, contact the OIT Help Desk by calling 609-258-4357, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting the OIT Support and Operations Center page.
Note: After you accept your offer, if you are experiencing an issue with logging into your new Princeton Gmail account, you may need to reset your password.