Review Admission Decision & Onboard

Welcome to all incoming nondegree students!

As an admitted nondegree student to the Graduate School at Princeton University, there are additional items that are necessary to complete or review prior to arrival on campus, as outlined below. 


Review Admission Decision

Activate Your Princeton NetID

The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will send an email with details about a personal Princeton account. This account will need to be activated to review the details of the admission offer and to submit an admission decision online. Please refer to the original email from OIT or contact the OIT Service Desk for questions or assistance with this account. If an applicant has an active Princeton account, please use the current netID and password to log into TigerHub, select Menu, then select Graduate Admission Decision.

Review Admission Offer & Submit Your Decision

Nondegree students must submit a decision within 3 business days and are not required to fill out the External Fellowship Form. Once a final decision is submitted, it cannot be changed. An offer of admission may be rescinded based on the Policy on Rescinding an Offer of Admission. If you need to change your start/end date you should first have it approved by your sponsoring department or program and then have them contact us at [email protected].  If we need to revise your admission offer, we will email you as soon as the new offer is available to view.

Pre-Onboarding Tasks

Access Your Princeton Email

The personal Princeton email address is the provided netID and ([email protected]) and can be accessed at Access to email can also be found on the Princeton University website by selecting Links for, then Students, and Gmail. Learn more about Princeton email. For help with an email account, contact the OIT Help Desk by calling 609-258-4357, emailing [email protected], or visiting the OIT Service Desk. Note: After you accept your offer, if you are experiencing an issue with logging into your new Princeton Gmail account, you may need to reset your password.

Apply for Graduate Housing (if applicable)

Princeton makes every effort to make an offer of University housing to those who are participating in the Sciences Po Exchange and Procter Fellows Program. All other nondegree visiting students, including Visiting Student Research Collaborators, are not guaranteed housing. We are unlikely to be able to offer housing for nondegree students whose enrollment extends into the fall semester or begins September 1. VSRC's who need housing for the fall will be able to apply after August 1. Assignments are made as vacancies allow. VSRCs are not eligible to live in apartments. To apply for Graduate Housing, the student must accept the admission offer and then complete and submit the housing application online. NetID and password will be required. All communications from graduate housing will be sent to the Princeton email.

Required Onboarding Tasks

for all nondegree students

  • Submit required University Health Services forms: You will be able to access the University Health Services (UHS) student health portal, MyUHS, approximately 21 days after you have confirmed your acceptance. You will be required to file a completed medical history and immunization record prior to arrival to Princeton.
  • Complete I-9 Form: Complete section one. For more information, visit our I-9 page.
  • Submit photograph for photo ID: Read information on how to submit your photograph for your TigerCard. (NetID must be activated prior to submitting your photograph.)

Immunization Requirements

  • Nondegree graduate students are required to submit their immunization records and University Health Services forms to Health Services prior to their arrival.    

Additional Tasks

if applicable

Submit a Disabilities Questionnaire

The Office of Disability Services (ODS) provides academic support services for students with disabilities. Students who are requesting academic accommodations should first be registered with ODS. To self-identify a disability, please complete the Request for Accommodation Form on the ODS homepage. The disabilities form should be returned to:

Office of Disability Services
ATTN: Elizabeth Erickson, Director
241 Frist Campus Center
Princeton, NJ 08544

Any questions regarding the disabilities form can be directed to the Office of Disability Services at 609-258-8840 or [email protected].

Complete Visa Documents

The Davis International Center (Davis IC) is the primary resource for matters related to immigration regulatory advising and processing, cultural adjustment, social enrichment and assistance with practical matters related to living in the United States.

Any questions regarding visa documents, or any other immigration questions, can be directed to the Davis International Center at 609-258-5006 or [email protected].

Nondegree Students

An international nondegree seeking student will receive a visa eligibility document from the Davis IC (I-20 for F-1 students or DS-2019 for J-1 students) only after being admitted by the Graduate School and having accepted admission. All international applicants requiring Princeton University visa sponsorship must submit the Application for Visa Certificate (AVC) along with other required documents.