Enrollment Terminated/Degree Candidacy Continues (ET/DCC)
Students who are continuing to make satisfactory progress toward completing their degree may enter Enrollment Terminated/Degree Candidacy Continues (ET/DCC) status if they are beyond the defined program length; have exhausted DCE status, chosen not to enter it, or must leave it to pursue other opportunities; and have not graduated. With the approval of their department, Ph.D. students who have successfully completed the general examination may also enter ET/DCC status before the end of the defined program length if they will be pursuing opportunities that are incompatible with full-time enrollment, but will still be making progress towards completion of the degree. ET/DCC is an unenrolled status, and ET/DCC students are not eligible to return to an enrolled status. ET/DCC students are still eligible to receive a degree after successfully completing all degree requirements.
- The student has not submitted work or has not been in regular contact with the adviser, committee, or academic department or program;
- The department no longer assesses the student’s work to be of sufficient quality or relevance for the discipline;
- More than five years have passed since the student has successfully completed the general examination;
- The student has lost degree eligibility for disciplinary reasons.
ET/DCC End of Enrollment Process
Ph.D. students who continue to make satisfactory progress towards the degree and are at the end of their enrollment eligibility because they have completed two years of DCE status are moved automatically to ET/DCC status at the completion of their final DCE year; they need do nothing to initiate this move to ET/DCC status. All other students who wish to enter ET/DCC status, especially at points in time that do not coincide with the end of a second DCE year, should:
- Discuss the timeline for dissertation/thesis completion with your adviser and/or DGS;
- Submit an end of enrollment request through the online status system accessed via TigerHub;
- Submit a checkout form via TigerHub (students must submit the end of enrollment form before submitting the checkout form).