Partnerships, Exchanges & Cross-Registration

The Graduate School participates in numerous partnerships that provide opportunities to study internationally or at one of our Ivy-Plus peer institutions, or to take courses at regional institutions.


Cross-registration agreements allow students to take courses that are not normally available at their home institutions. These programs are open to both Princeton graduate students and those from other local institutions. Enrollment and grades are reported back to the home institution for recording; cross-registered students from other institutions do not receive a Princeton transcript and are not normally eligible for any other benefits reserved for students enrolled at Princeton. Cross-registration at Princeton must be approved by the Graduate School.

Domestic Exchanges

IvyPlus Exchange Scholar Program

Conduct dissertation research or take courses for up to one academic year at an IvyPlus University.

International Partnerships and Exchanges

Graduate students from partner institutions who are interested in applying to come to Princeton should visit the non-degree students section in Admission. Princeton University graduate students who are interested in applying to or registering for any of these programs should contact Elaine Willey for application instructions.