International Travel Advice

Many of you will be going abroad to conduct archival research, study a language, immerse yourself in another culture, or do other academic work (in absentia status), or traveling during breaks to attend scholarly conferences. All graduate students traveling internationally must register their travel in the Enroll My Trip tool prior to departure. The Graduate School encourages you to take advantage of the excellent information provided on the International Princeton website before you embark and again while you are away. The websites listed below may be helpful to you.

For information about traveler responsibility and graduate student travel in general, please visit the Travel Toolkit portion of the International Princeton website. On this and the University's Travel website are many other links where you will find useful information, including lists of U.S. embassies and consulates around the world, the U.S. Department of State's most frequently asked questions, a direct link to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, information regarding travel health resources, and more. 

We also encourage you to regularly consult the State Department's website for updates on travel information while you are away, since any important information will almost certainly be found here even before we are aware. Also, please check the Office of Risk Management for information, including risk management issues and policies. And, of course, the dean of the Graduate School will be posting any important notices for your convenience, so feel free to check in with us now and then at the Graduate School's home page just in case there is something of which you need to be aware.

We hope your travel is productive and rewarding!