PSURE Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible to apply for the PSURE program, a student must:
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- be currently enrolled full-time as a sophomore or junior in good academic standing at their home institution; and
- hold a 3.5 g.p.a. (on a 4.0 scale) or better in their major field or discipline.
In addition, the program seeks and will give preference in admission to students who:
- are enrolled at nonresearch intensive institutions (such as liberal arts colleges) or at public institutions where there are limited opportunities for undergraduate research;
- have not participated in a prior summer research experience at a major research institution; or
- are first generation college students or from a low-income background.
Members of U.S. minority groups underrepresented in doctoral research programs are especially encouraged to apply.
Because this program aims to increase the pool of talented undergraduates who we hope will become part of Princeton's own Ph.D. applicant pool, we will not consider applications from those:
- whose primary post-baccalaureate goal is to earn a professional degree (e.g., law, medicine, business, education, dentistry, etc.); or
- who are currently college freshman or who are seniors intending to graduate at any time during the academic year.